Friday, April 3, 2009

movie time

It's talent time!!



I'm pretty sure most of us have heard about this movie.
Directed by Yasmin Ahmad, it is simply a story of love. But it's not just a plain love between two lovers like those romeo and juliet. Yasmin Ahmad had succeeded in exploring and potray the meaning of love in a deeper and wider prespective.


What I like the most about this movie is the reality element it has. Usually if we watch any TV drama, mostly it potrays only the good side of our life like for example rich families with perfect life, big houses and big cars and smart children..etc. It's like everything is almost perfect. Of course some of this are true but it does not reflect exactly our real life situation.


However in this movie, I can see clearly that most of the scenes can also be seen in our everyday life. Life in school, relationships and the bond between family members, and the catfight between sisters as well. I remembered how me and my sisters would fight like Melur and her sisters just because we borrowed each other make-up stuff without permission and how we throw pillows to each other and saying bad words when we fight. And how they behave when their grandmother was at their place, made me think of my siblings as well. Everytime my grandmother come over to our house we would all be warned by Mum to behave well so as to not make grandma unhappy.


Also, this movie has proved how blind love can be. Certainly we always heard of the statement when people keep saying that love is blind and whatsoever. Well, in this movie i think it's so true. Religion, races and ethnicity are not obstacles for people to fall in love. Love is so blind that we can fall in love with anyone despite our different background. But of course in the end our family will object the idea.


Besides that, the story of Hafiz and his mum really touched me and believe it or not, I cried( of course since i'm the drama queen, who always gets emo..hahah ) Well, in this story I think Hafiz represent the type of good boy whose life is not that good but he is grateful enough to have his mother. And he'll do anything to make his mum happy and always keeps his promises.

Overall, this movie is great. It's not just the story that makes it interesting, I think every single aspect of this movie are done in a very artistic way. It is not a typical movie where there's conflicts and in the end they live happily ever after. 'Talent Time' provoked the viewer's thoughts and perspectives on issues that the director try to raise in the movie.
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment