Friday, March 6, 2009

sick and speech

Fever, headache

and short-term memory lost??


I felt very terrible this week due to the bad condition of my health. The fever has really made my life miserable. Firstly, because whenever I fall sick, the whole 'system' will break down. And I'm pretty sure this also happen to everyone who fall sick.


Whenever I fall sick, one thing that affect me the most is my memory. I tend to forget things faster than any other time. I can't even remember the simplest thing like my student ID.

SHORT-TERM memory lost! And as it so happened, this week we're asked to present the oral review for the documentary. Well, I did some research on the Internet and also watched Bowling for Columbine several times to prepare for the speech presentation. Unfortunately, on the night before the day for the presentation, I fell sick. And guess what happened?

I forgot almost all points for my speech. So, then, to fix the problem, on the day itself, I went to college early in the morning to memorise all my points again and practise my speech.



Sadly, during the presentation, I was quite blurr and everything was in mess!!
Even my pace was slow. When Mr Derick showed sign that time was up, I felt like crying because I have not stated my strongest point of view. My speech was not convincing enough since I did not get to point out my strongest point. I never experienced such a worst presentation! I must said it was the worst speech presentation in my whole life! I'm pretty sure I did not get high marks for this presentation but, of course, the past is past and I cannot do anything to change it. Let's just hope that for any presentation that we'll be going to do soon, I will be in a very good state of health so that I won't forget my speech.




Another thing that I realised now is my state of health. Since I fall sick this week, I only realized that I did not take good care of my health and I'm putting my health at risk now.
With excessive intake of caffeine and lack of nutrients, I think my balanced diet is no more in balance. Besides, I have not jogged in a long time. I've been really busy lately and my time was not really well-organized.

1 comment: