Friday, February 27, 2009

study hard..play harder

test?
assignments??
study?
homework??
what else?
the flow of study....

It seems like everyone are super-stress right now. (If we refer this to the economic cycle, now is the time of boom where the level of stress is at its highest peak.)
With exams and tests all happening these two weeks, there are so much things to do and yet, so little time.
Well, usually when I'm stress, the place that I go is the shopping complex!!
Buying a pair of new heels or a new top is like an antibiotic or panadol to me because it really cure my tension
Unfortunately, since now is the recession phase of the economic period, I'm going through a really depression phase of my life.
Not having enough money to shop!!
URGHH!!
It's more than enough that I'm stressed about the tests and my studies and now the absence of shop-till-you-drop time is killing me!!!

Back to main business, I think I really need to manage my time table at this moment. It seems like my life has been turning upside down. Everything is in mess. Probably because my mind is already tangled up with those important events happening within these two weeks. We already had two tests last week. This week there's two more tests and for English, we have to do our oral review for the documentary as well. Besides, this week also me and my group members are going to edit the videos for the documentary. We hope that we are able to complete the documentary project on time.



While reading the paper given by Mr Derick, and after having the discussion on Bowling for Columbine, I realised that my general knowledge on current issues are lacking. It's not that I didn't read the news or anything. I did read newspaper and have some ideas of what's happening all around the world but maybe, perhaps I should read more about the issues, from different point of views and think about it more in details. Like Mr Derick says, we should peel it off, make our own opinions and views regarding a certain issues and interpret it. Observations and interpretation is very crucial in analysing issues. Since we all need to do a review on the documentary, I think I'm in a very desperate need of reading and searching for information. Well ,I think that's my problem I need to solve right now. READ...READ... and READ and oh yeah...do some research too.


Studying in college now is totally different from what I've been through in high school for the past five years. In school, we've been "spoonfeeding" by our teachers and everything seems pretty easy and simple. The only thing matters to us back in school was the mid-year exam and the finals. Well this is from my point of view, ( some people may look at this differently ) Even that, some of us were not that concern about it. But now, everything is important!! tests, assignments and also some do-on-your-own extra research. Eventhough our class hours are not as much as those in schools, I still find that my time table is packed! That includes the study time as well. Now, proudly I must admit that I study more often than I did when I was in high school. It's a positive change for me and hopefully I will not be as lazy as I was during school time. And I have to always remind myself that life in college or university is not as easy as in school. They are totally different, indeed!!

so, friends, classmates and all ausmat students...
study hard
play harder
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment