Friday, January 23, 2009

holiday...homework... and....shopping??

Firstly I would like to tell about the most interesting event happened last week; poetry performance. All of us JPA students were told about this performance during the first week. At first I was not interested but after I've thought about it, ("why should I not give it a try?" it sounds interesting!) so, I decided to go. The performance took place at Pasar Seni. The three-hour performance was unbelievebly fantastic and amazing. It was unexpectedly great performance and I must say I misjudged every single thing about poetry before this. From my point of view poetry is such a beautiful form of arts of expressing our views, ideas, thoughts and feelings. More than that, it is one way of telling ordinary stories in a very different and unique way. Overall, I think the performance was really good especially the Polar Bear performance.



This week in English class, we were asked to perform a play based on the novel that we are studying, BOY. To be honest, I was excited when Nich announced that we need to do the role play. This is due to my major interest in live performance. Though I may not be really good in acting or any live performances, I do enjoy myself whenever I have the opportunity to be involve in any stage performance. When I was in lower secondary school, I was once a director for a play and also as a minor character in the same play. I worked with the other team members well and they were great. Finally, we won the play competition and I was really proud. It was my first time directing such performance and since then, I knew that stage performance is one of the things that I enjoy the most and I was involved in a few performances.


Back to the story, my group members and I discussed about the play and we chose the 'drive-in-a motor car' scene to be performed. I was chosen to be Roald Dahl ( BOY ), the main character. to tell you the truth, though I was involved in this kind of performance before, I never get a role as main character. In this scene as we all knew it well, boy's nose was cut clean off his face! We used fake nose for this scene and thanks to Nad for the prop. The fake nose was much bigger than mine. Haha!! It was great though! my team members had played their part pretty well. I must say it was not that well and perfect, because some of us are not used to this kind of performance. But we should try new things right? get involve, participate and have the experience! even if you don't really like it. To my group members, good job! we did have fun after all. Perhaps we have to perform a play for other novels too?? hurmm?? The End!! haha!!

Besides that, let me just announced proudly that this week all students received numerous "gifts" from lecturers for our so-called long holiday. Our Chinese New Year break will be full of homeworks and assignments. I'm not complaining. Don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to stress the point that we all have a lot of homework to do this holiday. Thus, I'm not going to consider this holiday as a holiday. And actually I would like to thank all the lecturers for giving me lots of work ( honestly! ) because if I did not have any homework or any form of stress that will urge me to study, I definitely will spend everyday of my holiday going to One Utama, The Curve and Pavillion too! Surely all these place will suck up all my money and I'll end up feeling guilty of spending my money and even get frustrated when I don't have sufficient amount of money to buy brand-new shoes and bags. So, lecturers, thank you so much..Homeworks prevent me from my dangerous habit, shopping! I'll try my very best to manage my time so that I can do both, finishing homework and shopping too!!( without feeling guilty)


Enough about homework. This week we've been learning about constructing our essays. Like Mr Derick has taught us, an essay is like a family and paragraphs are the family members. and each paragraph is a body, complete from head to toe and don't forget the neck and the heart too! If all of these are completed, then we'll have a complete and perfect paragraph. I hope I have the clear picture of the idea in constucting my essays after this. That's all for this week.

p/s: happy chinese new year
and happy holiday to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment