Friday, January 9, 2009

First of all...

I am sitting for AUSMAT this year and i know it is going to be a really tough year of my study life. All of the students have been warned and advised by the lecturers not to take things easy this year. Therefore, I have set long terms goals for myself. I hope I can get very good marks in every examinations, tests, assignments and presentations since all of these will help me a lot for the final score and thus enable to continue my studies in Australia. Most important thing of all, I really hope that I will study hard and be a good student.

I usually read and study in my room at home. However, if I find this place is not conducive, I will study in a library. Besides having all the reference books I needed, library also provides a conducive environment where I can study without any distarction. The best time for me to read is in the morning and in the late afternoon.

When I was in secondary school, I did not really obey my study time table, thus, I got panicked during the examinations and could not perform well. Since then, I learnt from my mistake and tried my very best to improve myself. I did not set a hectic time table for my studies but I did manage and plan my time well. Normally, I can study for about two hours without a break. During my study time, the type of distraction bother me the most is noises. I think it is very annoying to study in a vey noisy environment especially when the lecturer is teaching a subject that I'm weak at. I need a really condusive condition to study properly. This will also enable me to concentrate fully on the subject and understand what the lecturer is teaching.

I am not quite sure how many assignments I'm able to fininsh in one evening since I did not have much assignments before. This too will depend on types of assignments I will get from different lecturers. Maybe I can do two assignments in one evening provided that I have prepared myself well with the materials needed for the assignments. I will also need more time to do the assignments since I do not want take things easy especially that I know some assignments this year carry more marks than the examinations. Rewards that might work for me would be varied, depends on what type of work I'm required to do. For this year, in AUSMAT, I think the rewards that definitely work for me is marks for my final score.

As for the first week of our semester, I got to know all of the lecturers that will teach us this year. All of them have given the time table as well as the course outline to all of us. There will be lots of assignments, exams and tests. For English this week, we have learnt about the language style such as personafication, allegory, allusion hyperbole and onomatopoeia. Some of them I have heard and learnt before, but some are a few new literary terms that I just learned during the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment