Sunday, July 26, 2009

i love them all

College was pretty good, however, for some of us, it was not. Everyone has their ups and downs. It's right in the middle of July, which means this is only the starting of our second semester of Ausmat but, I'm already exhausting. Like the making of esters, a process named esterification, I see myself as the molecule of alcohol, (I prefer being an ethanol, simplest structure), its molecular structure being broken and its bond are then connected to molecules of carboxylic acid, ethanoic acid. Workload such as homework, assignments, lab reports and tests represents some components of the ethanoic acid. Not enough with that, a little of concentrated sulfuric acid was added. I prefer to think this acid as the stress that keeps on pushing me to work harder. It acts as a catalyst, of course like how sulfuric acid play its role in the process of esterification. Enough about organic chemistry, I'm starting to compare my study life here with the formation of ester. Lab class was quite interesting recently with all those alcohols and esters and their odour, just enough to kill your receptors.

Besides the odour which tried to kill my receptors, there's other things trying to kill my brain cells and neurons too. Test and more test. We sat for applicable maths test on Monday. Probability is not my favourite, I must say, but it does challenge me. Like solving a riddle or playing some IQ games, I'm quite like the challenge of it but of course, not in test. I need to think a lot, like every possible ways of arranging whatever thingy they gave us in question. Not to forget, the complicated tree diagram. Friday was another test, Physics. Another major headache for me. I should feel glad my brain did not explode on that wonderful Friday morning. I still can't face the fact that I'm unable to get the orbital radius, R for the last question. I messed up the last part. Time's up. Chances gone. Move on people. We're going to sit another test next week, Economics and I pray for the best. Hopefully government policies and regulations are not as complicated as the probabilty of getting blue marble. Besides, I hope that calculating the income tax for middle income earner is not as hard as calculating the orbital radius. I'm not being prejudice to these subjects and I believe there's no such thing as being prejudice towards studies. I love blue marbles as much as I love red marbles and I love gravity and satellites and Neptune too. Most of all, I still love English :D

No comments:

Post a Comment